⟵ Back to all roles
Students everywhere deserve the opportunity to discover, learn, and practice science communication. Ironically, science communication itself can be challenging to explain. As our Marketing Lead, you'll spearhead our efforts to establish and grow an online presence that's youthful, accessible, and valuable for students and other community members. You'll develop an overarching strategy for positioning Science and Us as a leading, impactful organization empowering students to solve problems and be fully themselves through science communication.
🔥 What you'll do
- Lead the development and adoption of a style guide for our content and graphics
- Design social media posts and assets, as well as print marketing material (flyers, posters, banners)
- Write creative, relevant social media content tailored for different platforms and audiences
- Work with event organizers to effectively market our Boston-area Makeathons
- Communicate with sponsors, partners, and press as needed
👀 What we're looking for
- A high school or college student who can dedicate at least 5 hours/week to Science and Us
- You don't have to like STEM, but you have a strong understanding of and passion for our mission
- Ability and willingness to quickly become familiar with a field's leaders, terminology, and trends, or familiarity with the science communication community
- Experience with a graphic design tool, such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop
- Demonstrated experience with successful marketing campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (copywriting and journalism skills are a plus)
- An eye for detail
- Ability to be highly responsive and collaborate with remote team members through Slack
- Possess a growth mindset
- High level of autonomy—you get to define our organization's online presence!
- Connections to our network of professional science communicators and sponsors
- Work at one of the world's only organizations bringing science communication to high schoolers
- Potential for speaking and travel opportunities
Ready to apply?
Great! The application is below and has a priority deadline of December 13, 2019. If you have any questions, send us a chat (in the bottom right corner of the page) or email us at [email protected]. We look forward to meeting you!