⟵ Back to all roles
Students everywhere deserve the opportunity to discover, learn, and practice science communication. Unfortunately, it's rarely taught or emphasized in schools. As our Education Lead, you'll create and curate content for high schoolers to learn how to make science clear and engaging. You'll produce resources to help students explore fields like science policy, media, and outreach. Working with other team members, you'll play a leading role in ensuring that both our online and in-person learning experiences are fun and useful.
🔥 What you'll do
- Lead the development and implementation of a strategy for teaching science communication, both online and at events
- Write content weekly to teach students about science communication skills and careers
- Collect and take action on student feedback and work
- Stay up-to-date with best practices and new developments in science communication
- Work with our event organizers to improve the learning experience of our Makeathons
- Collaborate with other science communicators and organizations as needed
👀 What we're looking for
- A high school or college student who can dedicate at least 5 hours/week to Science and Us
- Experience with science communication (familiarity with the science communication and informal education fields is a plus)
- Enthusiasm for teaching, tutoring, and developing tutorials, workshops, and educational content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be highly responsive and collaborate with remote team members through Slack
- Possess a growth mindset
- High level of autonomy—you get to chart the course for how we teach science communication!
- Connections to our network of professional science communicators and sponsors
- Work at one of the world's only organizations bringing science communication to high schoolers
- Potential for speaking and travel opportunities
Ready to apply?
Great! The application is below and has a priority deadline of December 13, 2019. If you have any questions, send us a chat (in the bottom right corner of the page) or email us at [email protected]. We look forward to meeting you!